Customs compliance is fundamental to importing businesses as incorrect customs entries can give rise to:
- Retrospective customs duty demands
- Loss of customs duty relief schemes
- Customs duty penalties up to the value of the goods
- Seizure of goods
- Delays in customs clearance impacting the supply chain
- Adverse impact on your relationship with the customs authorities
- Personal penalties in the UK on the Senior Finance Officer
- Loss of eligibility to AEO, which can put up guarantee costs and preclude you from applying for customs duty reliefs for up to three years
Businesses remain solely liable for any customs duty debts and the accuracy of customs declarations under customs duty law. This does not pass to customs agents or brokers, who act as direct representatives.
Customs Connect helps clients manage customs compliance in various ways, including:
- Review: Carrying out compliance reviews to highlight potential compliance risks
- Best Practices: Implementing procedures and controls which meet your customs obligations in an effective and efficient in manner
- Smart Decision Making: Improving visibility and control through enhanced customs reporting to support smart decision making
- Cost Mitigation: Mitigating penalties and customs demands through audit, customs review stage and tax tribunals
Customs compliance faces increasing difficulties as businesses chart your way through the impact of the UK leaving the EU and the recent introduction of a new customs code. Our service offerings and ongoing support help you through these changes by helping you understand and adapt to any new obstacles.
We provide support in the following areas:
- Compliance reviews
- AEO applications, audits and ongoing management
- Implementation of simplified procedures (CFSP)
- Customs Reviews and Appeals
- Anti-dumping, dual use and import licensing
- Origin issues
- Cashflow planning through duty deferment, guarantee waivers etc.
- Intrastat reporting throughout the EU
- Senior Accounting Officer provisions (customs, excise and VAT)
- Brexit impact mapping and contingency plans
Contact email@example.com for further details of how we can help you.
Our compliance services can be coupled with customs planning to reduce customs duty costs and recover overpayments.